HOW TO MAKE COFFEE WITH AN AEROPRESS
It may be a strange looking device, but if you’re looking for a filter coffee brewer that is quick, unbreakable & requires almost no cleaning – then this could be for you.
The Aeropress comes with a guide, but there is more than one way to use this versatile little device (check out the recipes from the world aeropress championship…yes, it’s really a thing). For now, here’s how we do it:
1) Pop the jug on. Grab a bag of fresh coffee. Preferably something roasted on the lighter side with plenty of fruit flavours (like our current single-origin). Weigh out 15g (roughly 1 Aeropress scoop) and grind it on a medium (paper filter) setting – usually about half way between plunger (french press) and espresso.
2) Put one of the round paper filters in, place the brewer onto a jug (or cup) & pour water from the kettle over the coffee until it comes up to the top of the ‘4’ (200g water to be accurate)
3) Give the coffee a quick stir and wait 1 minute
4) Put the plunger onto the brewer and press down – not too hard, just let it press down smoothly. Keep pressing until you hear the ‘kschhhh’ sound (the air escaping at the bottom)
6) Serve up the coffee and you’re all done.