Friday, June 16th, 2017 In Blog
BEYOND THE WASTE – THE MANY BENEFITS OF THE REUSABLE CUP
If you watched the ABC’s War on Waste documentary, you are probably aware of the number of coffee cups in Australia that are sent to landfill each year (one billion cups!). Unlike the cups discussed on the documentary, all of the takeaway cups we use at Peaberrys are BioPak, fully biodegradable cups.
But we’re also big fans of the rise of the reusable cup. Beyond the war on waste, there are many benefits to using a reusable cup for your morning coffee that you might not be aware of.
- Maintains heat – a glass KeepCup maintains the temperature of your coffee better, so it gives you every opportunity to savour the moment. Plus, you’ll win major brownie points if you drive a cup of coffee over to your best friend’s house and it’s still warm.
- Taste – while a Peaberrys coffee is always good, a Peaberrys coffee in a reusable glass cup just tastes better!
- Australian made – the cup, lid and plug of the KeepCups we sell in store are manufactured in Victoria, Australia, so you are supporting local business.
- BPA plastic free – our KeepCups are BPA plastic free. The majority of the plastic is made from polypropylene, which has a high melting point. This means the plastic is designed to tolerate hot liquid without breaking down. Glass KeepCups have become a popular choice now for coffee lovers as they reduce the amount of plastic on the cups and offer even greater benefits to the environment.
- Convenience – if you’ve made the mistake of committing to the solo mission of visiting your favourite coffee shop (serving Peaberrys of course) to pick up coffees for all, you’ve probably experienced the coffee spout that can occur when you drive around a corner. Reusable cups offer better seals and thus keep your coffee warm and cosy, reducing the risk of possible spills during transit.
- Easier to hold – the silicone band that wraps around the cup keeps your fingers warm and comfy, without burning them. This is great for both coffee lovers and Barista alike.
- Barista’s love them – despite what you might think, our Barista’s love reusable cups. They’re still able to pour a great coffee and they’re designed to be the same size as standard coffee sizes. Plus, we think our Peaberrys’ branded cups are pretty cool.
Drop in to our Peaberrys Coffee Cellar Door at 81 Maitland Rd, Islington to pick up one of our stylish KeepCups, ranged between $16-$26.